Slab jacking is a type of service technology that deals with concrete repair. And it is also known as pressure grouting.
If you are concrete was laid on a loose soil then the concrete is at a risk of sinking down.
And most people usually think of replacing it which is expensive by the way. Instead there is a solution called slab jacking. Here a specialist will blast out sand, cement into the soil underneath the sunken concrete and raise the concrete to it’s original position. All this is done at an affordable cost by a concrete repair service.
Benefits of using a slab jacker:
- A specialist slab-jacker can restore the sunken concrete back to it’s original providing a stable surface for the concrete slab to rest.
- The best part is you don’t have to replace the entire concrete slab instead restore it.
- Time saving and convenient: You should be knowing that if you replace a concrete slab with a new one it needs at-least 3 to 4 weeks of curing time to set properly. This is avoided by using a slab jacking technique.
- No Maintenance after this process: you will not be left with dirty and dust filled area because no concrete is being torn down here.
- Weather does not matter, an expert can work and finish the jacking process without any disruption.
It is your duty as a home owner or a property owner to make sure that the concrete is poured on a solid surface and not on a pile of loosely held soil or fill dirt. You might want to read about pier and beam method also.